Sermon By: Pastor Mason Betha | Time: 10:00 AM & 12:30 PM
SCRIPTURE REFERENCES: Luke 10:16- Isaiah 26:3, Luke 21:9-13, Hebrews 13:8, Isaiah 54:17 & Zephaniah 3:15-17
- WINNING OVER YOUR ENEMIES
A. Luke 10:16-20
1) As Satan falls, you become empowered. When you fall, Satan becomes empowered.
2) Recognize that there can only be one winner at a time.
3) When you behold something, you take it! Nobody can take it on your behalf.
4) Luke 10:19. The latter part of the scripture states, Nothing shall by any means hurt you. It doesn’t matter what is done or said to you. There is a power to not be hurt.
B. You win as you understand that you were given power to tread on serpents, scorpions and over all the power of the enemy.
1) Jesus gave you the power to tread and not cry. For example, a treadmill consists of a tread and a mill. The mill
represents movement of the wheel and the tread represents a person. Typically, a person doesn’t go under the mill, but stays on top of it. On a treadmill, you walk, run, jog, tread, incline, slow down, speed up and skip. You have the power to do anything you want as long as you keep moving. Likewise, Jesus gave you the power to keep moving freely on the devil.
2) Scorpions and serpents are different forms of the same source. You have power to tread over the enemy.
3) The devil is never in a posture where you can’t deal with him. You have power over all the devil’s work.
4) You have power in three worlds: heaven, hell and earth.
C. When you remain in the love of God, there are certain injuries that you will not sustain.
1) Your faith will connect you with your future.
2) When you listen to God, you also listen to those that God speaks through. The same is true in reverse.
- THE ROOT OF ALL HURT
A. Hurt is the opposite of love. When you are hurt, you are by yourself.
B. Hurt is preceded by disappointment. Disappointment introduces you to hurt. It is the transportation to hurt.
C. It is important to not just deal with the hurt. Deal with the disappointment that led to the hurt.
D. Hurt and disappointment enter in through the vehicle of distractions. John 10:10. The devil cannot destroy without a distraction.
E. Selfishness is the opposite image of love. It blocks wherever love is trying to go. Every step you make will have a counter step.
- THE INDICATORS OF REMAINING IN HURT
A. The power is still in your ability to either receive the hurt or decide not to be hurt.
B. When you are still in hurt, you still have it, and you will not get rid of it.
C. People can physically see when you are hurt.
D. The danger of hurt is that it gives the enemy power over you. The following takes place:
1) When you are hurt, you crown it as king.
2) When you are hurt, you position yourself in opposition to God.
3) When you are hurt, you make your own decisions based on past experiences.
4) When you are hurt, you don’t have enough space in your mind to make the right decisions. The hurt rents storage in your mind.
5) When you are hurt, you hurt others.
6) When you are hurt, you will see, feel, act and think of how to destroy others.
E. When you are hurt you position yourself to be used by Satan.
1) When you place power on hurt, it produces manipulation.
2) When you are in doubt, disbelief and disappointment, you see from Satan’s view.
F. Hebrews 13:8. God’s word doesn’t change. When you are hurt, you will be against everything you know to be right.
- HOW TO ESCAPE HURT
A. You don’t get rid of hurt by getting mad at people or aggressively removing them. It is important to locate the root. The root will stop the hurt from reoccurring and having power over you.
B. Isaiah 26:3. c job is to keep you in perfect peace. You cannot keep your mind on God when hurt keeps bombarding your mind. It is necessary to deal with the distractions and disappointments that keep producing the hurt.
C. Satan cannot hurt you because you can see what he is doing to you. When you are able to see what people are doing to hurt you that don’t have your best interest, it doesn’t hurt as much.
D. In order to heal from hurt, it is important to acknowledge it and replace that hurt with power. Zephaniah 3:15-17. The word of God will heal your hurt.
E. Keep your mind and heart guarded. Don’t allow things that don’t go right to tell you that you don’t have a future.
- THE RESULTS OF A HURT FREE LIFE
A. You will not have hurt stored in your mind. Therefore, your results will be more powerful.
B. You will see people as God sees them.
C. You will love, forgive others and become whole.
D. The love of God will keep you in God’s perspective, as long as you are open to act, see, feel and think they way He does.
E. You will complete what God said and endure. There are some things that must take place in order to see yourself on the level that you desire to be on.
F. Luke 21:9-13. You will escape deception by being responsible for hearing and completing what you heard from God.